3000TH MEMBER SOON! Free Tankard to the winner!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on I only need 6 new members today!! :hmm: :hmm:

Don't think so some how.

Well I tried to work this out mathematically. Taking new members per day since member no. 2,000 I got an average of 6 per day, when MD started this on the 4th we were 96 members short of the 3k, 96/6 = 16, 4 + 16 = 20, so that's why I claimed the 20th.

We've obviously been running at slightly over 6 per day since the start of this game, so I think you've got a pretty good chance.

Moley said:
Well I tried to work this out mathematically. Taking new members per day since member no. 2,000 I got an average of 6 per day, when MD started this on the 4th we were 96 members short of the 3k, 96/6 = 16, 4 + 16 = 20, so that's why I claimed the 20th.

We've obviously been running at slightly over 6 per day since the start of this game, so I think you've got a pretty good chance.

But now it's getting close you may have to consider the weekly pattern also. I bet there are far more new members towards the end of the week and over the weekend than there is during the early part of the week. So if there are around 42 new members per week, then I would assume that around 32 joined over the Thursday-Sunday period (av = 32/4 = 8/day), leaving around 10 new members for the Monday - Wednesday part of the week, an avarage of 3.3 per day.

Unless everyone of course is browsing on work time, which could mess up my completely made up theory entirely.

[quote="homers brew"
Unless everyone of course is browsing on work time, which could mess up my completely made up theory entirely.[/quote]

Good grief no, we'd never do that.

(Sorry Boss)

:whistle:

homers brew said:
Moley said:

But now it's getting close you may have to consider the weekly pattern also. I bet there are far more new members towards the end of the week and over the weekend than there is during the early part of the week. So if there are around 42 new members per week, then I would assume that around 32 joined over the Thursday-Sunday period (av = 32/4 = 8/day), leaving around 10 new members for the Monday - Wednesday part of the week, an avarage of 3.3 per day.

Unless everyone of course is browsing on work time, which could mess up my completely made up theory entirely.

I agree I think I will be passing the baton of 'expectant father' over to BigYin.

:cheers:

AG

graysalchemy said:
2997, I now only need 3 new members today :pray: :pray:

AG

I hope the next three actually post something then to confirm they are real, even if it is "how many bubbles per minute...".

Only teasing.

Seriously though, I bet the 3000th will not know what hit him. Does he win anything?

Getting close now, its like eurovision, waiting for the votes (not that I watch eurovision :eek: ) or watching paint dry which is exactly what I am doing at the moment :rofl: .

AG

homers brew said:
graysalchemy said:
2997, I now only need 3 new members today :pray: :pray:
I hope the next three actually post something then to confirm they are real
You do realise we can check IP addresses to make sure #3000 isn't GA under another alias ;)

Back