4 tap kegerator - what is your target cellar of beers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umfana

Reaction score
Hi all,
In car worlds people talk of having the "perfect 4 car garage" yadda yadda.
So the beer equivalent:
I have a 4 tap kegerator (not true, it is a 5 tap kegerator but one tap is on sparkling water duty). Currently I have -
Tap 1 - pale ale, moderately hopped
Tap 2 - pilsner
Tap 3 - Scottish 80 shilling
Tap 4 - Honey porter but brewed with a lager yeast

Taps 2,3 & 4 are well stocked. Tap 1 is about to kick so I am thinking of filling the gap with a very hoppy IPA to increase the diversity a bit.

What is your ideal 4 tap cellar? And what would you replace my soon to be empty keg with?

Umfana

I only have two taps. But I’ll play along.
My ideal 4 would be( in no particular order):

1.Stout or Porter. You just can’t beat a nice dark beer at times.

2.A session IPA- pale and hoppy, but something I can drink a few of without getting spannered.

3. A 6-7% IPA. Nice and bitter. A sipper. But probably end up spannered anyway 🤪

4. A NEIPA. I’ve never brewed one of these so still buy them regularly. But if I can have a hypothetical extra tap them I’m filling it with hypothetical fruity NEIPA 😂👍🏻

I'll play too. Imaginary kegerator for me.
Of course, depending on seasons, I would change this selection for autumn, winter.

1. Belgian witbier.
  2. Best bitter, probably hopped with challenger and fuggles.
  3. Saison, obviously.
  4. Fullers London Porter clone
It's tough to leave out an IPA, so I'd have one of those bottled 😉

I have a 4 tab also. I have a 4% bitter, a 5% Kolsch, and a 6.5% IPA. The 4th tap is the designated root beer tap for kids. However, both my boys are now adults and drink beer so I should probably turn it back into a beer tap.

I don't really have an ideal tap rotation. It's whatever I feel like brewing next and whatever I haven't finished yet. It can vary wildly.

I'm only a 2 tap family 😥
But with four😍
Altbeir/Cali common style
New Zealand hopped Saison
Session pale ale (lots of Amarillo)
Kolsch saaz

I love crazy mixed ferm beers, but theses will always be in bottles🤘

Thanks all.
You're already confirming my view that an ipa is near essential. Something hoppy, fruity but not quite as far as a NEIPA.

I'm also starting to think the Scottish ale is a bit out of place for summer drinking. Probably would be better as a mild.

Depends on the time of year for me, tend to drink more dark / heavy beers in the winter, lighter stuff in the summer. I have a three tap kegerator so this was my Xmas line up - Belgian Dubbel, Porter, Session Ale. Currently have Cwtch (hoppy red ale), a Porter, and a strong ale.

As summer comes I'll be aiming to have a cider on tap most of the time, with that I'll likely have an IPA, and a pale ale or Weiss.

So the 4 tap conundrum: Cider, Weiss, a hoppy IPA and a Porter/Stout

Juicy session American ipa

English pale ale

Hoppy rye amber ale

Belgium dibble or lager (yet to brew these) or strong America pale ale.

The plan is to build my kegerator this weekend. It will eventually be a 4 tap kegerator. First two beers on tap will be a Czech amber lager and a Vienna IPA with Talus citra and cascade. When I get more kegs I will add a stout and a Belgian Trappist single to that list. 👌

I have 4 taps - three regular and a stout nitro. in an ideal world:

1. A passable lager
2. my Camden Pale clone
3. An English bitter
4. A dry stout

Problem is though that they require different serving temps.

I have 4 taps - three regular and a stout nitro. in an ideal world:

1. A passable lager
2. my Camden Pale clone
3. An English bitter
4. A dry stout

Problem is though that they require different serving temps.
Hear you on the different serving temps. I compromise at 8°C. Works OK for me.

I usually have a Pale ale and a stout, 3rd keg is lager/cider and other 3 are empty or conditioning the next ales..

Latest posts

Back