92% Efficiency

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I use an old version of BrewMate as my recipe tool and do BIAB. I tend to overshoot the calculated OG and either live with it or dilute back. So I decided to see what efficiency I actually got with my last two brews. Turns out they were 92 and 93%, the program default is 70%.

I don't think its a problem that needs to be solved, just they way it calculates it or my method of getting every last gram of fermentables from the bag (as someone once said on here 'squeeze it like it owes you money' lol). I've set 92% as the default efficiency so I'll see what happens with my next brew (an 80 shilling).

Good luck I also enjoy an 80 shilling. Last year i went up to Glasgow to buy some hops n other bits n pieces and popped into weatherspoons for a breakfast and a pint. It was my lucky day Bellhaven 80 shilling on offer at £1.15p a pint so guess who stayed in weatherspoons all day haha me quenching my thirst and after about 10 pints i eventually made it to the homebrew shop just before closing for my stuff.

Good luck I also enjoy an 80 shilling. Last year i went up to Glasgow to buy some hops n other bits n pieces and popped into weatherspoons for a breakfast and a pint. It was my lucky day Bellhaven 80 shilling on offer at £1.15p a pint so guess who stayed in weatherspoons all day haha me quenching my thirst and after about 10 pints i eventually made it to the homebrew shop just before closing for my stuff.

That's what they call a successful day, lol. Its Belhaven 80 bob that I'll be trying to emulate (roughly). According to their site its pale and black malts, with challenger and goldings hops. I don't have challenger or golding so I'm going to replace the golding with Styrian Golding, not sure about the challenger replacement.

That's what they call a successful day, lol. Its Belhaven 80 bob that I'll be trying to emulate (roughly). According to their site its pale and black malts, with challenger and goldings hops. I don't have challenger or golding so I'm going to replace the golding with Styrian Golding, not sure about the challenger replacement.

Ahh i'm sure it will be fine a long as it quenches your thirst and gives you the urge to sing and dance then that's a successful brew.

Latest posts

Back