a question on which grape juice to use

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozzy

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to try and do WOW, but want to try it with cranberry juice (carton on shelf) .. i know you have to mix it with grape juice but do i use white or red??? x

Good luck with the WOW mate,

This Thread has a "Rose" WOW recipe listed that has Red Grape Juice and Cranberry in the mix. Im actually planning on giving it a bash this month sometime as my other half is a big fan of Rose.

Hope it helps.

Marrsy

Use either, it doesn't make a great deal of difference to the final taste, just the colour.

For pink juice wines I tend to use Lidl's grape juice, which is a blend of red and white. That isn't necessarily a preference thing, I bought rather a lot when they had it on offer.

ahh thanks peeps... can the grape juice be any make then? is there any red or white grape juice that can't/shouldn't be used?

another thing (diff subject) my Pear wine is fermenting great, but stinks, is that normal? I sometimes end up accusing the hubby of 'passing wind' then realise its the pear :D ... my cabernet sauvinon doesn't smell as bad :wha:

Grape juice can be any make, I tend to buy according to price and the best at the moment seems to be Aldi at 85p/litre.

Watch out for grape juice drinks, which might actually contain very little grape juice.

Unless you really go up-market to something like the Welch's Purple (pressed from Concord wine grapes), most supermarket grape juices are pressed from mostly eating grapes.

And yes, some fermenting fruits can stink, it is a controlled rotting process after all. Apples and pears can be pretty bad but the eggy, sulphurous smell will pass.

Latest posts

Back