A quick question...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aggyluke

Reaction score
Hi to all first time in the snug and I apologise to bring a serious note and that this is an old issue and probably been discussed a million times...

Now before I get the PM telling me off i'd like to say i've read the info notice in the locked topic and feel I NEED to ask this question...

Mods say this:

'THBF is a medium for home brewers to share experiences, both positive and negative, and we feel that being prevented from doing this would not be in the interest of our members.'

So why was it necessary to stop people posting about this supplier? Fair enough they threatened legal action and if the comments were libellous then fair do's but from what I gather the comments would have been bang on the money in relation to the service received. I've just been stung by this online based HBS and to be honest would have appreciated a heads up.

I just think it would have been more in the interest of members to warn them off using this company as this was the first forum I joined for advice.

Any more info/input on this would be appreciated and I understand if this needs to be over PM...apologies to the mods if this is in breach of whatever

cheers
Luke

And We all agree with you Luke,

Unfortunately, the owners, mods and admin have neither the money or the time to fight any sort of legal dispute with the proprietor of the Homebrew Shop that must not be named.

If you really feel that you do have those resources. Create a site called http://www.shopnaemiscrap.co.uk (should be able to get it for a couple of quid), put up what you have experienced and invite other people to submit their experiences. . . .submit it to googles search engine and Yahoo etc, and fairly soon you will be above them in the search rankings . . .assuming you are not a pauper fighting a battle you can't win (only lawyers make money going to law!!)

If you want a web host to host your site, which would be pretty easy to set up using word press, PM me ;)

would i be right in assuming this supplier has 3 hyphons in its name and do not have any form of contact telephone number

In one of it's names there are three hyphens yes :whistle:

do they also run a forum and ban you if you dare to complain about their shoddy treatment on there :whistle:

There's no need to fish for clues, I don't know which locked topic aggyluke is referring to but the forum notice is here.

I know exactly which one he is talking about, i got banned for complaining :whistle:

Nothing wrong with your post Luke and Aleman has summed up our feeling perfectly.
I don't wish to attract any sort of attention to this retailer via THBF so the less we discuss them the better :thumb:

Good well I'm glad I'm we all share the view! It might be an idea to send a welcome email to new members directing them away from the unnamed supplier! Just a thought... :D

Luke :cheers:

they are on facebook and twitter so that in my opinion would be the best place to complain about them
let facebook and twitter fight it out

aggyluke said:
It might be an idea to send a welcome email to new members directing them away from the unnamed supplier! Just a thought... :D
Not a very good one, they would find out sooner or later and that would give them a very legitimate reason to get very angry indeed, almost certainly close down this forum and start legal action against its hosts.

I can't see any merit in further discussion on this subject, forum policy is clear enough and I'm locking this topic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back