A Thankyou to posters & helpers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maffa

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello All

Well I have now been brewing at home for a year since the good wife brought me the basic brew kit for Xmas last year and over that time it has seemed like at times I really didn't know what to do. Chemistry was never a strong point at school so me mixing up stuff to consume and get inebriated with, was a mind boggling idea.

I have now made probably 10 kits (losing count is a good sign :wha: ) or so and feel alot more confident in re-distributing out the advice that I received to other newbies this year

So, I would just like to say a big THANKYOU to all those who have helped me out with advice over the last 12 months. You have helped clog up my house now with roughly 80 bottles (full/empty or need of cleaning), 2 barrels, 2 fv's, a bottle tree and numerous other paraphernalia that drives the missus round the bend.

What the next 12 months will bring, god only knows!

Happy Brewing
:thumb:

I have to say this forum has been instrumental in making sure that brewing didn't go the way of all my other hobbies... spend a load of money on it getting all the equipment, lose myself in research, reach a point where I'm spending all my spare time and money on it, lose interest, find a storage place for all the equipment, never look at it again.

It's now been two and a bit years since I took up brewing and I would say I am a confident amateur in wine and cider making. Beer is a new thing which I would never have thought to take up had it not been for this brilliant resource. So I've thrown myself into it, and who knows, maybe AG brewing is in my future.

:hat:

im the same i started last year with a few 5L water bottles, now have 5 pb's, a few 100 bottles, done my own wine/wow, tc, and beers even tried an ext brew. i only us this forum as it has all the info i need and have started to pass the info to noob's that iv learnt.

+1 :thumb:
Wife & kids bought me a Wherry starter kit for my birthday back in Spring last year and this forum has I'm sure made a huge difference in the success of my brewing exploits! Several friends & family asked for beer as a Christmas present which I guess counts as an endorsement!

Thanks
Stuart

I am exactly the same, got into homebrew through a mates Dad, found this forum and never looked back, the amount of infomation I have got trawling through the historic pages is amazing. Now I have 8 kit brews in 6 months and I am loving it, a hobby that you can lose yourself in and it actually saves me money by not having to buy shop beer. Like the others on here, I am now trying to answer a couple of easy questions from other new brewers to give back a little to the info I have taken.

Back