A woman who falsely claimed she was raped jailed for eight-and-a-half years.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This woman from the next town hit herself in the face with a hammer and cut part of a finger off to back her story up, they still have no idea why she claimed the men raped her.

Last edited:
Facts bear out that men do perpetrate the majority of crimes and in a number of sexually related cases where the balance of probability is the male is guilty , they have gotten off. case dropped due to lack of evidence etc. So as a man (apologies if you're non-binary) I do sometimes feel uncomfortable being male, jimmy saville, rolf harris, stuart hall, fred west, etc all cause me a little guilt for being a man - Fortunately there aren't anywhere near the same number of females ever charged with such abhorrent behavior. However there will always be exceptions to any rule there will always be a number of unhinged people that break that perception. Some people are just wicked and deserve to be removed from society for the protection of all. I would just hope that the sentencing is applied equally fairly to convicted rapists as the convicted is in this case.

I suspect this is making the news as it is a rare occurrence (thankfully) how many actual rapes make the news? - there is still have a lot of injustice to fix.

The worst thing about these cases is the harm it does the innocent people accused of committing the offence as in this case, people being called rapist in the street, homes and cars damaged , reputations and businesses ruined by morons who couldn't wait to see if they were actually guilty of anything, whatever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"

There is a saying...be careful what you wish for. Or words to that effect.
I'm reminded of car insurance and retirement age. I believe that insurers were mandated not to charge more on the basis of gender when the facts show males are a bigger risk.

As chippy says innocent until proven guilty seems to have taken a bit of a knock over the years.

With equality you win some, lose some.

The worst thing about these cases is the harm it does the innocent people accused of committing the offence as in this case, people being called rapist in the street, homes and cars damaged , reputations and businesses ruined by morons who couldn't wait to see if they were actually guilty of anything, whatever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"
Not to mention the damage to the credibility of actual rape victims.

Yes, this. The odds are massively stacked against rape victims as it is, and the damage that a case like this does is incalculable.
The problem is that rape (quite rightly) is held to the same burden of proof as any other crime - Beyond Reasonable Doubt. In the absence of witness or corroborating evidence, one word against another, especially if the occurrence of sex is not disputed, is going to be problematic for CPS to put to court and for a jury to convict. I agree that false claims do not do victims (nor indeed suspects) and favours. A recent case has seen a female police officer convicted of Perverting the Course of Justice after false domestic abuse allegations against a former colleague who spent time on remand. She'll go to prison for a good time for that - the courts do not like it as an offence as the judicial system sees it as a crime against them especially if the alleged perpetrator is a police officer, trust me, I know this.

Latest posts

Back