advice on recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattybabsy

Regular.
Reaction score
hi folks

would love some advice on this:

ScreenShot2013-04-09at161201_zps8008b352.png

thanks

matthew

amounts sound good for SG maybe up the amber to 300g and i would be thinking of some crystal malt too , maybe around 230g if you want a touch of sweetness but looking good though .

ha Rob!! yes- it's totally backwards. sposed to be the other way around

lol, thx

a great eg of the benefits of throwing the recipes up here first!!

hahah, great stuff! otherwise, if you're anything like me, don't be afriad to pile the aroma hops on, those two hops taste great and you can use as much as probably 200g of them safely in a beer that size. but that's all personal taste.

amber malt supplies a sandpapery robust sort of taste, I take it you want that in there? It's quite nice.

yeah, i just did some amber in a iipa- based on dogfish 90 min. only used 7% in that and was blown away by the malt backbone- everyone at the hb club swore there was more in the grainbill. so wanted to see what a smaller % would add

good to know re the hops- using this recipe for a hb demo at a bar who is supporting our club

cant wait!

RobWalker said:
sweet. i'm a fan of it too. simple things eh? best of luck with it matey :thumb:

+1

and Matty, Amber is a great malt to use from 1% up to 5% giving a nice bite and toastyness

Latest posts

Back