AG#26 - Mild as 'out

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cononthebarber

Landlord.
Reaction score
Its been a long time since I have brewed anything! Thats bad for my soul so to appease the beer gods I am brewing a Mild today...I'm not posting the recipe as this will be one of my entries for The Spring thing comp...so you will have to use your imaginations :) will post pictures as I go :thumb:

Some pictures:

Some "grains" :)
IMG_0031.JPG

The new and improved setup...
IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

Some "hops" :)
IMG_0036.JPG

All mashed in :)

IMG_0041.JPG

Mash temp
IMG_0039.JPG

I love seeing peoples home brew set ups and am getting some ideas about what I want to build when I go AG.

Qucik question what is the white kettle doing with the two copper pipes going into it?

Also on the sparge arm, is that one of the inverted stainless steel cones that were discussed on here a while back?

:cheers:

mattyhall22 said:
Qucik question what is the white kettle doing with the two copper pipes going into it?

That is my HERMS pot the wort is recirculated through a copper pipe which is immersed in the kettle water. The kettle element is controlled by my PID temp controller to maintain the mash temperature as it is recirculated :thumb:

mattyhall22 said:
Also on the sparge arm, is that one of the inverted stainless steel cones that were discussed on here a while back?

Yes it is :)

Nice one Conan - have you upgraded? I seem to remember you had an FV with half a kettle welded onto it at some point :D

Yes I did (the Martin Clunes boiler) :lol: but I made a new one as it was starting to show signs of wear...didn't fancy 23 litres of boiling wort all over me! :eek:

It was around the outlet there were tiny cracks around the seal which I didn't like the look of tbh...the new one I got some different elements off ebay so didn't need any more tesco kettles

And depending on the above can you post the recipe, looking for a good mild recipe.

I came 2nd in the comp :) the feedback was really good it scored high and the summary comment was "a perfect mild"...can't go wrong with that :)

I will post the recipe elsewhere (if you know what I mean?) :lol:

That looks like a good result Canon :whistle:
But I don't understand where I will find the recipee, I don't know what you mean.:confused:
S

Latest posts

Back