AG#4 - MOB HOGLIN - Hob Goblin Clone.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickthebrew said:
Thats looking great dave - what does the longer mash do? I`ve only done 4 AG brews all at 90min mash - my efficency has been ok would the longer mash make it better?

I honestly dont know mate, all i know is that on my last brew i managed a efficency of 97% so i decided i would try it again and this time it came out at 77% which im more than happy with.

I need help on this one -
Monday took hydro reading and it was down to 1.014 didnt expect it to drop anymore so i decided to bottle it tonight. Took a sample from the FV and checked the gravity and its gone up to 1.020 :wha: just in case my hydro was playing up i tried another one and the reading was still the same. :?
How could this have happened?

corby brewer said:
Monday took hydro reading and it was down to 1.014 didnt expect it to drop anymore so i decided to bottle it tonight. Took a sample from the FV and checked the gravity and its gone up to 1.020 :wha: just in case my hydro was playing up i tried another one and the reading was still the same. :?
Have you brewed the same recipe as davesiv, corby brewer?

corby brewer said:

Thats an odd one err..Corby Brewer (undercover brewer) :wha: :lol:

If you took 1 reading on Mon = 1.014
and
You took 2 readings tonight = 1.020

And all of the temp of the beer is the same and you spun bubbles off the hydro both times....Reading 1 is probably wrong... :(

Get a refractometer :cool: I bet Q could sort you one out ;)

So could it be a stuck fement? the temperature as been between 18 - 20oc since the 31st. i was expecting it to reach 1.010 - 1.014, or was i just being opptamisic with my FG. It dont taste sweet infact it taste bloody good.

Well I tried rousing this last night, checked this morning and it’s dropped to 1.018. Would it be worth adding some nutrients to the brew to see if that as any affect? Or would it be worth just kegging it without adding any priming sugar?

Cheers in advance
CB

right i'm in
do i have your blessing's to give this one a go too?
i hope so cos i got to pick up the grain order tomorrow and i just happen to have a spare FV
all the gear some idea
ktg

Go for it kermit, if i didnt want anyone to brew it i wouldnt have posted it. But a quick one, if i was you i would double up on the black malt, altho taste wise its almost spot on the colour is a bit on the light side.

You're welcome. “Formally” is a correct word but seemed out of context.

BTW, who's Moly? :lol:

Latest posts

Back