AG#4 - MOB HOGLIN - Hob Goblin Clone.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh no
i can only get fuggles aa 4.1
i have a calculation to get the alpa acid right but (mick jagger)
"I caint get noo stryian hop's yeah and i try "
nev mind extra fuggles it wont be ther last time i try this brew
ktg

Oh well this looks like my first FECKED up brew :oops: , its now been sitting in the secondry for a week and is still at 1.018 :wha: . God knows what i did wrong. So looks like this one is destined to be put own the sink.

Don't chuck it dave you've been there done that before!
Try some Wine yeast either champgne or red wine It got my Imperial stout running again! when that was stuck at 1.045
Not worth throwing just for the sake of 1 packet of yeast

1.018's a bit sweet but not the end of the world, warm it up, pitch some more yeast like muddy says and maybe lob in some yeast nutrient, I'm sure you can get that down a few more points.

Dave 1.058 to1.018 is a fair drop and is 5.3% abv a couple more points here or there is not going to make much difference.
If it tastes ok drink it :thumb:

oh well this went down the drain today, when i opened the top of the barrel and there was a strong smell of vinegar. Oh well better luck next time.

corby_brewer said:
oh well this went down the drain today, when i opened the top of the barrel and there was a strong smell of vinegar. Oh well better luck next time.
Did you taste it first CB?

Right the recipe is a combination of Orfs recipe and a few other things thrown in by myself, if the forum admin dont like it well ****ING DELETE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S
MEB you was right mate.

corby_brewer said:
Right the recipe is a combination of Orfs recipe and a few other things thrown in by myself, if the forum admin dont like it well ****ING DELETE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S
MEB you was right mate.

:(

edit.... Probably fair to add that we only asked you why you removed the original "Tipped Hat" to Orfy who worked hard to perfect a Hob Gob clone? You posted that, then decided to take it off - I was confused why you would do that?

Latest posts

Back