AG/BIAB desperados style lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W0nderW0man

Regular.
Reaction score
Has anyone got an AG/BIAB recipe for this? I've just had a nice Mexican meal and the only thing that was missing from making it perfect was desperados. I used my latest pseudolager and chucked some lime in it and it's very nice but not quite the same. It lacks some tequila flavour and a bit of sweetness.

Or would it be just as good to add a bit of tequila to my normal lager when serving? Would white or brown tequila be better (been a fair few years since I've had some!)

It's a tricky one to replicate, there are a few threads on here about various experiments. I tried a batch using a Coopers cerveza as the base, and flavoured half with tequila essence. It didn't work out well... I'd go with your pseudo lager and add lime and tequila when serving, much easier to adjust the quantities that way!

I think it's rank. However I've just been in The Range and they do a tequila and lime flavoured cerveza kit - having a look at that might be a good starting point.

I have seen a few kits but I was hoping to make one from scratch. BTW you can brew smaller batches, too :)

Latest posts

Back