AG unknown name

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyclops

Landlord.
Reaction score
Decided I will do a brew tomorrow and as I don't have my laptop I can't make a recipe so decided to use all my MO up, just put stuff in and no idea what the starting gravity will be.

3294g MO
200g flaked maize
156g crystal malt

Unsure on hops, got willemette in the garage unopened so might use that.

Water is treated with campden tablet and pid set to mash strike temp, timer set to come on at 4:30am.

mark1964 said:
Nice one Ian thats what i would call "blind brewing" :D

I did something similar a while ago, the bungytin brew, turned out a really nice brew :roll: you never just know :idea:

Brew was hit and miss but learnt a few things about my setup. Was the 1st time I have used a pump. A run down of the morning, but unfortunately no pics

Had the water on a timer to come on at half 4 this morning set at 76c
Got up at 6:00am and proceeded outside to the garage, put my grains in the tun, forgot to add the grain filter, so emptied it again, lol. Hit a mash of 63c, well I think it was as the wife hid my thermometer so had to use an old one which is out about 3c. Didn't spare enough water as was in a rush all morning due to the daughter opening her presents as its her 1st birthday. Ended up boiling for 60 mins with 25g halleteur mittlefiesh or however it's spelt. Then 30 mins in I added 13g willemette and 10 mins left 12g. Got around 18 litres at a gravity of 1038.

I cooled the wort while recirculating with the pump, got an amazing clear wort. I pitched the end of the hole and sprayed it into the fv, pitched 2 packets of Nottingham as I have never done it before. Might drop it tomorrow into a new fv and then repitch another brew on Sunday. Fermentation started in under 4 hours :)

Haha yeh we was. Went murphys today. Got 2 bags of malt too :) you still need one Eddie? If you don't it's no problem. I will just brew more :)

Down to 1008 this morning :)

Gone like a steam train.
Will put it in the keg on Friday night with some hops for dry hopping, how many do people normally use?

Didn't double drop it either so going to wash the yeast and repitch maybe Sunday :) doing a Sarah Hughes mild ready for next month :)

Latest posts

Back