ALE MARY! What's the worst beer you like?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim_Crowhurst said:
Wouldn't it be simpler just to stick your head in a bassbin during a DnB set and turn the volume up to 11?

No such thing back in the lat 80's/early 90's - thank Heavens !

I didn't drink the lager - nothing changes :-) I had Taboo at 50p a shot..

Stephen

Hurlimans-possibly the only Shep Neame beer I actually enjoy.

For the uninitiated its the equivalent for old,high voltage Stella-but more pleasant tasting.

End result still the same though!

When i've been catering for camping trips on a budget i've been known to stock up on tesco value cider!

jasea3632 said:
mattyhall22 said:
I recall drinking 20-20, Diamond white, castaways, frosty jack, kestrel super when I was younger and the pubs would not serve me :nono:

What about thunderbird :drunk: whatever happened to that drink :(
I can't believe I drank so much of that muck! Thought it was lovely as a teenager!

I love all the tequila beers as well as having a soft spot for the lidl cheap lager and bitter.
I love whiskey/whisky too and will happily drink any old muck, can't touch grants or Glenfiddich though, make my toes curl.

If I'm out I generally drink Guinness or brains but do enjoy corona and desperados.

I also enjoy a magners in the warm summers

Tennents. A braw, crisp, cold pint of Tennents. Especially if I happen to be back up North on the one hot day of the year... :drink:

:oops:

The thing about Tetleys, Boddingtons, John Smiths, and suchlike is that they were all pretty good beers "back in the day". I'm talking 15-20 years ago though here mind, and a lot of the mass market stuff has deteriorated in quality significantly IMO.
My guilty secret is the really cheap bottles of Banks bitter that you can up in most supermarkets around here

I'm an ale drinker mostly, but in the summer I quite like those cheap bottles of french lager - or green grenades we me and my mates call them. Doesn't really matter what brand as long as they are nice and cold. The smaller ones are great as they've been drunk before they get warm!

Cheshire muzz said:
I'm an ale drinker mostly, but in the summer I quite like those cheap bottles of french lager - or green grenades we me and my mates call them. Doesn't really matter what brand as long as they are nice and cold. The smaller ones are great as they've been drunk before they get warm!
I forgot about these. Can't beat them on school night

Jeltz said:
II was rather surprised to find Doombar slated on the forums, I think its a fairly decent pint.

same, they did recently switch the recipe up though and it's not quite so awesome. on draft it was a really great pint!

RobWalker said:
Jeltz said:
II was rather surprised to find Doombar slated on the forums, I think its a fairly decent pint.

same, they did recently switch the recipe up though and it's not quite so awesome. on draft it was a really great pint!

I had a pint last week as it goes. Still a decent beer IMO.

calumscott said:
RobWalker said:
Jeltz said:

I had a pint last week as it goes. Still a decent beer IMO.

I had a pint a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed - not as good as it used to be, you could feel the accountants hand in the hopping I thought :whistle:

I don't think Doom Bar is quite as far down the zymurgical bowel as some other confessions on this thread!

I think some of you are hiding bigger skeletons than this. :hmm:

morethanworts said:
I don't think Doom Bar is quite as far down the zymurgical bowel as some other confessions on this thread!

I think some of you are hiding bigger skeletons than this. :hmm:

How right you are - I wasn't suggesting Doombar was a bad beer I like - its a reasonable pint, just a shame it's not as good as it used to be..

I quite like cheap cider in the summer and will also pick up the small french grenades

Really must brew a lager :hmm:

Latest posts

Back