Alemans Forum Brew - Pale Rider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnsleyBrewer

Reaction score
Aleman sent me 2 bottles to sample, both fantastic brews...
Effin Sole Bay Bitter & Effin Pale Rider.. first is a dark style bitter and the latter a light summer style brew.

I thoroughly enjoyed both brews, the darker one had a liquorice taste, was well hopped and a very enjoyable drink that had perfect carbonation with a nice hiss upon removing the crown. :thumb:
My favourite was the Pale Rider, it's everything I want regarding a good brew, the maltiness and hops were well balanced and this was also of perfect carbonation! :thumb:

I'm proud of my brews but "Pale Rider" blew me away, could it be the Nelson Sauvin or the Bobek hops that give it that fantastic hoppy aroma???

A definite brew for me in the near future. :drink:

Thanks Aleman!!

John

:oops: :oops: Thanks for the review . . . I'm flattered, I must admit I tend to find these all pale malt beers a little one dimensional . . . . . . Personally I thought the Pale Rider could have done with more bittering hops, but those that had it at a Brewers BBQ weekend before last were very complimentary. . . . Especially as one of them was a commercial brewer.

I think that without a doubt the hop aroma / flavour was a result of the Nelson Sauvin, and as I managed to get my hands on a Kilo and half of the 2009 crop I can see a lot more Nelson Sauvin beers coming out of the Effin Brewery

I've just tried the bottle of Pale Rider that Aleman kindly sent to me, this is what I thought:

Presentation : Excellent. Double labelled, very proffesional presentation.
Clarity : Good. Slight haze, nice pale amber colour.
Aroma : Good. Slight sweet smell with faint citrus hop aroma.
Carbonation : OK. I found it a little bit high for me, borderline fizzy.
Taste & Balance : Excellent. Wonderful flavours from the NS hops (1st time i've tried these) this beer is one of the best balanced beers i've tried, craft or comercially brewed. A lovely clean beer with a nice citrus hit, slight pleasant lingering bitterness which quenches the thirst.

Thanks for sending the beer Aleman, I'll have a go at this one.

Mrs Wez's review:

"thats nice"

Back