An Air lock question Please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve85

Reaction score
Hi everyone :thumb:

Can anyone help please, :pray:

when i fitted the airlock onto my fermenter with the Water in which had been (sanitised) a few drops of the water dropped into the beer....... :cry:

My question is has it ruined the beer? :(

If not would it alter the tast at all? :?

I used proper brewing Steriliser & Cleaner and only a little bit mixed with the water.
Sorry if the question has been asked before, and thankyou for any advise..

Cheers Steven :cheers:

THANKYOU :thumb:

So glad i did not ruin my beer :party:

Iv just started brewing All Grain, and i didnt want to think i had to throw the whole batch away :(
thanks for the replys :cheers:

Steve

This is something that happens to me each time I place an air lock in the fermenter. What are you using for sanitizer?

I use Star-San which is a no rinse acid rinse. I fill my fermenter when I still have lots of foam from the sanitizer in the vessel. At the ratio of dilution after the wort has been introduced the sanitizer is not at all harmful. In fact the creator of the five star products says the foam will act as a yeast nutrient and contribute to head retention.

If you are using a chlorine based chemical I'd be a bit more cautious, but in that small of an amount I wouldn't worry.

artiums_enteri said:
This is something that happens to me each time I place an air lock in the fermenter. What are you using for sanitizer?

I use Youngs u brew Steriliser & Cleaner, i usually put some water into a glass add a tiny bit of the steriliser to the water mix it and then pour a small bit of the water into the airlock, :pray: so hopefully it should be ok.

Using Vodka sounds a good idea dont no if it would make it to the airlock though :drunk: but i think i may try that next time. :thumb:

thanks Steve :cheers:

Latest posts

Back