Any CO2 Suppliers in Essex?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarje

Reaction score
Preferably near Southend/ Basildon area but happy to travel. Got my kegs, regulator etc. Didn't think finding gas to hook them up would be so difficult. Any info gratefully received.

The way I went about it was to look for an Air Lquide agent that does CO2 (see map here) and I’ve used a couple of different ones with success (my local one is EdwardsHolmes in St Albans but I’m sure you can find one closer!).

I know other people swear by Adams Gas (see here for stockists), and HobbyBrew (here) so you might want to have a look at them too :-)

Not all of the agents carry CO2, so sometimes it’s just a case of contacting the nearby ones until you find someone that does (or if they can suggest somewhere)… Your other option is to ask a couple of the local pubs where they get theirs.

Good luck and happy brewing!

Last edited:
Tyry local independent bars and pubs as the first option, the worst that will happen is they say no. As a benchmark for what you can get co2 for, they'll be paying £10-15 without owning or paying deposits on 6kg bottles.

Thanks Squidder for the great advice! I phoned around this morning as per the above recommendations. I found a Hobbyweld stockist (same company as Hobbybrew), they state that their gas isn't food grade, but have heard that it's fine to use. Mark One Hire in Rayleigh hold stock (they have another branch in Rochford that I assume does too). Spoke to a great guy £105 for 6 kg bottle and £35 for refill.
Was near the Groworks place in Southend so thought I'd pop in and see. £85 for 6kg bottle (and labelled food grade) and £30 for a refill.
I would have been happy to use Mark One but significantly cheaper at Groworks. Thanks again all.

Back