Anyone using hopcat/brewdevil/ace mk2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamf89

Reaction score
Hi everyone misses bought me the 50l hopcat there this week planning my first brew on it tomorrow evening I never got the chiller they hadn't any but I have a smaller chiller from. My old set up so will use it. Just doing normal five gal one keg batch tomorrow.. Just wondering when I go to do the double batch is it as simple as doubling the ingredients. Also any tips with this system

Last edited:
Yeah, just double your ingredients.

I've got the 50L Brewdevil and I'm pretty happy with it. I brew 20l batches with it using the full mash volume and no sparge, just bump it up to 75 or so for a mash out before the boil.

Not very scientific but I found that using the Grainfather calculators for mash volume then adding an extra litre works out pretty spot on.

I set it to heat the water to strike temperature for 1 min at 2.4kw then set it for the actual mash at around 8oow as the temp can swing quite dramatically if I mash on a high setting.

Did you get the whirlpool arm with it?

Yeah, just double your ingredients.

I've got the 50L Brewdevil and I'm pretty happy with it. I brew 20l batches with it using the full mash volume and no sparge, just bump it up to 75 or so for a mash out before the boil.

Not very scientific but I found that using the Grainfather calculators for mash volume then adding an extra litre works out pretty spot on.

I set it to heat the water to strike temperature for 1 min at 2.4kw then set it for the actual mash at around 8oow as the temp can swing quite dramatically if I mash on a high setting.

Did you get the whirlpool arm with it?
It's same system as the brewdevil just different branding. .just finished my brew there went pretty well bar the volume I got at end was a couple litres off but will know for next time might try the full volume mash next time like ya do yourself

Hi I'm new to the forum and found your post. How have you got on with the Mk2? I've just had my 30l hopcat delivered and plan to do my first brew this weekend. Also my first attempt at full mash. Just been watching as many youtube videos with any reference to all in one brewers to pick up some tips. Did you get the hop spider and whirlpool arm too?

Latest posts

Back