Anyone want a dead Raspberry Pi Zero W?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelper

Old Salt
Reaction score
Are there any tinkerers who would like to have a dead Raspberry Pi Zero W?

It won't power up, no led's, nothing. Free to a good home. I was using it to log my TILT hydrometer over wifi. Apparently, they are repairable. There are no signs of damage or cracks.

Might appeal to a hobbyist, who knows?

Well, the new PI doesn't work either! I have ordered a new microSDHC card as this one seems to be unreadable and unformattable.

My original Pi is working after getting a new microSDHC card and flashing the image onto it and setting up the wifi. So I have a spare Pi.

i've had a few microSD cards die in my 4, current, raspberry pi boards (all class 10). don't think they like the constant read/write that a pi server requires. for the money they are i'm not grumbling. i just have a good backup regime.

My laptop only has 30GB of storage so I have quite a lot of apps installed on a 32GB microSDHC card and its been in constant use for a year or so. But the one that failed was unbranded. I'll stick to SanDisk from now on.

I had trouble flashing the latest download from tilthydrometer so I used an older version. Got some error about literal length. I wonder if the download was corrupted? Might try a fresh downloa

Latest posts

Back