Beards.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beards - keep or shave.

• I have one and will be keeping it.

• I have one and will shave it off some time in the near future.

• I have tried to grow one in the past but prefer to be clean shaven.

Results are only viewable after voting.
they've decreed that beards are redundant.

They didn't say beards are now redundant now who is making stuff up!

They said they beards are going out of fashion, those that didn't grow the beard to be fashionable will carry on wearing a beard those that did may now decide its time to get rid, fashions come and go i don't get why you are getting so upset by this fact.

There was a tax on beards in Russia in the 18th century but I wouldn't want to give the Government ideas.

They didn't say beards are now redundant now who is making stuff up!

They said they beards are going out of fashion, those that didn't grow the beard to be fashionable will carry on wearing a beard those that did may now decide its time to get rid, fashions come and go i don't get why you are getting so upset by this fact.
Upset, Squire? I'm having a laugh at a very daft (IMO) topic? Why are you getting upset at the idea that I might be getting upset. More importantly, and this is one for the admin as well as the mods: Why are we discussing beer on a beard forum?
:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::groupdancing:

Upset, Squire? I'm having a laugh at a very daft (IMO) topic?

I thought this was a full on rant not you having a laugh -

Who are these R-soles who "predict" whether something is going to be in fashion or not.
Complete limpets in my opinion, who've got nothing better to do with their sad lives.
Same as these morons who work as "influencers".
What a pointless existence. High time an Ankoù and La Faucheuse got together and had a cull of this dross.

Last edited:
My beard covers a multitude of chins!

It also has those tendy white bits on either side of the chin cleft, that takes me and countless other men of a certain age, great skill to keep them dyed that colour. 🤫

I'm devilishly handsome without a beard, or so I've been told, but look as if I belong on a register when I have one.

I've had one for most of my adult life and have no plans to shave. Trim every few weeks or so to keep it tidy and stop the mice nesting. Really can't be *rsed to shave.

The length of my beard is determined by either when I last saw a client ( to look professional) or when I last saw my mother in law ( who hates them). Chin goes grey with brown tosh and cheeks. Looks a bit odd anyway.
2DE05437-0616-488B-A326-2AD393A8E3C9.jpeg

Started one at 18 just because I could even though I probably should have; waited a few more years kept it for ... whoah ... thirty plus years?, then got persuaded to give it up. SWMBO now tells me off if I get prickly.
I've been told apparently my last passport photo with a beard I looked like a terrorist.

Never managed to push past the annoying phase of facial hair growth. It has been left for 2-3 weeks on occasion so on the cusp of a proper beard but then I get fed up with it 🙂

I used to shave daily when I was in the office everyday, since the plague and working from home I tend to leave it somewhere between a few days and a week now.

Never managed to push past the annoying phase of facial hair growth. It has been left for 2-3 weeks on occasion so on the cusp of a proper beard but then I get fed up with it 🙂

I used to shave daily when I was in the office everyday, since the plague and working from home I tend to leave it somewhere between a few days and a week now.

I hate shaving so leave it until I get the itchy stage then shave.

Back