Beer barrels ??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheshirehomebrew

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a clean usable 32 or 46 ish pint beer barrel (metal one). I usually bottle all my beers but a mate has the hand pull and all the equipment, so next time i fancy filling and priming a barrel, then have a lads night with my beer and my mates chilli.

Dont want a pressure barrel I want to hand pull it through. I could buy a full one from one of the local micro brewers but I would have to drink their beer first, then clean out and refill, and to be honest although I brew beer i dont drink all that often..

I assume you want a cask like this one http://shop.crusaderkegsandcasks.com/45-gallon-stainless-steel-cask-97-p.asp I recently ordered 12 firkins from them and despite what it says on the website the guy on the phone said no minimum order or delivery charge and it was £5 cheaper than the advertised price. Otherwise theres a link to brew.co.uk where they are £82.39.

If you brew your own but don't drink that offer I'd say bottles are your best bet mate.
Once you tap into a cask you have a time limit on your shelf life.
Bottles keep individual portions fresh for longer.

I think the op's point was he usually bottles, but specifically wants a cask of a suitable size to be cracked and drunk in the same night....

will check out all suggestions, although I dont drink lots last time my mate got a barrel in we managed several pints over a coupe of days before he had a party, so it will all get drunk, just wanted to see if the hand pull enhances the experience of drinking my beer

Back