beer beer we want more beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagerlad

Reaction score
hi all, well after 3 ag brews on the stovetop greed has got the better of me(and also some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket)i decided to order the hbc biab set up and a hop strainer so i can try 23 litre brews the kit i chose with this is dunkelweisen so cant wait to get the stuff and get it on the go,if anybodys tried this brew let me know your thoughts or any advice on the big brew ups and downs, stepping farther into the darkside, god help my liver, cheers lagerlad

Cheers DA hoping not to need the luck and all goes well,probably mess up a couple tho,do most folks keep a stock of grains or just buy as you go,I am thinking about keeping some as no shop nearby has to be mail order and post is a killer so buy big and brew big,do the grains etc keep cheerslagerlad

I'm lucky as I've got 2 good home brew shops near me so I just buy what I need when I need it. If you mill your own grain it keeps much longer so you can buy large 25kg sacks at a time. Lot's of threads about milling/mills on the forum and I'm sure the windy miller forumites will help you out if you decide to go that route

Lucky you myqul my closest for freshly milled grains is brewstore Edinburgh that is 80 or so miles from me so its a day out to go there

Latest posts

Back