Beer kit from Amazon, not dispatched yet.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill W

Reaction score
I ordered a Woodfordes Wherry kit from Amazon 3 days ago and it still hasn't been dispatched. All the other stuff I ordered has been but the beer kit is showing a message Item not dispatched yet. We will email you with a delivery date when it is dispatched".
Odd, because the kits are showing as in stock. Annoying, because it's to be my first brewing attempt after many years layoff, and I'm keen to get going.
Anyone else have this with Amazon? Did you ever get your beer kit?

Is it direct from Amazon or from an Amazon marketplace seller? We’re all of your purchases from the same seller?

Is it direct from Amazon or from an Amazon marketplace seller? We’re all of your purchases from the same seller?

It was to be fulfilled by Amazon. I always try to buy goods that are dispatched by Amazon themselves, because they will remove the VAT, which is not applicable here in the Channel Islands. Most Amazon marketplace sellers don't. The basic price might be a little higher by Amazon but it almost always ends up less than those of marketplace sellers once the tax is removed. All the other items on the same order have been dispatched.

This may be part of the problem -

How serious has the problem become?
Based on a survey of its members, the Road Haulage Association estimates there is now a shortage of more than 100,000 drivers in the UK, out of a pre-pandemic total of about 600,000.
That number included tens of thousands of drivers from EU member states who were living and working in the UK.
Even before Covid, the estimated shortage was about 60,000 drivers.
How serious is the shortage of HGV drivers? - BBC News

I had this with some Lego a few weeks back, got it all sorted out quite quickly when I managed to open up a chat dialogue through the app

Tried that this morning but the bot just repeats the same message and doesn't refer you to any real people to talk to about it. Only gives you the options to sht up and wait, or cancel.

Tried that this morning but the bot just repeats the same message and doesn't refer you to any real people to talk to about it. Only gives you the options to sht up and wait, or cancel.
I managed to get hold of a number a few weeks back when we ordered a toy for my kid and a different (cheaper) version showed up, I’ll see if I can find it.

Because the boy was happy with it, we didn’t really want to send it back but didn’t want to pay more for a lower spec toy - they ended up refunding us and letting us keep it.

EDIT - in this link there’s an option to ask them to call you. For some reason the phone app doesn’t have this option but the website does:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/contact-us/ref=csl_contactus?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I managed to get hold of a number a few weeks back when we ordered a toy for my kid and a different (cheaper) version showed up, I’ll see if I can find it.

Because the boy was happy with it, we didn’t really want to send it back but didn’t want to pay more for a lower spec toy - they ended up refunding us and letting us keep it.

EDIT - in this link there’s an option to ask them to call you. For some reason the phone app doesn’t have this option but the website does:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/contact-us/ref=csl_contactus?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I got them to call me. A very pleasant lady with a voice like Carribean sunshine couldn't tell me much more than the bot did this morning. Could be one of a number of factors. Sorry can't give you a date for dispatch but we'll email you. You can cancel and buy from another seller if it's urgent, etc, etc.

Guess I'll just have to be patient a little longer.

I personally avoid buying anything on Amazon, especially FBA.
I would much rather buy from a company that uses it as a marketplace. They tend to be far more honest!

I personally avoid buying anything on Amazon, especially FBA.
I would much rather buy from a company that uses it as a marketplace. They tend to be far more honest!

I can understand that and I'd probably do the same if I lived in mainland Britain. However, for me, it makes more sense to use them because of the free postage and removal of VAT.
If I could find a good home brew supplier who doesn't charge excessive postage rates and understands that they can easily and legally remove VAT for Channel Island sales, I'd use them instead.

Latest posts

Back