Best brewing software

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger

Reaction score
Has anyone got any views on what is the best brewing software. Beersmith and iBrewer both seem popular for less than £10 on iPad which is quite a lot for an app. Anyone got any recommendations? Cheers.

I've always used brewmate on PC but wanted something for my tablet. Been using beersmith a while and don't even use the PC now.

I'm in the process of writing a brewing app for iPad/iPhone (and then Android) that I want to price at free, but with adverts. What would people want in a brewing app? What features would it have to have to be useful? I am a newbie brewer, but an experienced software developer so would appreciate any advice as to what people want!

What would people want in a brewing app? What features would it have to have to be useful?
Hi Doc,
No ads for a start, just like this forum used to be.
All the normal features, just do a lot of research and then a lot more, or team up with someone who knows what brewing is about. As a novice you will do well if you succeed, but I wish you well.
S
P.S. why not write an ap thing about something that you know about ?

Sorry did't notice the doc had hi jacked the thread. :oops:
I don't buy software, being a linux man, but made an exception for Beersmith, well worth the money to my mind.
S

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Beersmith seems popular.

Cyclops, I'm well up for some pen and paper or even setting up some spreadsheets. Is there a good resource that had all the calculations in one place?

Having said that I think an App/ Software is useful, particularly for a novice like me as I think it helps to explore the possibilities in terms of recipe development.

Cheers!

And I put it on my phone aswell since it's now in my iTunes account, create a brew on my lunch break at work

Another fan of beersmith 2 here. Amazing piece of kit - Esp with cloud recipes and link to iphone app. Feel like a pro when designing a beer on it....!

Latest posts

Back