Better Brew Czech Pilsner tweaks?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonind

Reaction score
So I bought one of these kits as it was £10.99 for 2.1kg from Ballihoo so seemed good value. I'm planning to ferment at 18 degrees C and I've got 1kg of Youngs Beer Enhancer to throw in so was just debating what to do hop-wise? Saaz seems the obvious choice, but dry hop or boil at the start? I'm pretty new to this and have only dry hopped with pellets so would appreciate some advice. I'm not looking for an authentic pilsner (as I know it won't be) but a nice dry light beer will be just fine...

So I bought one of these kits as it was £10.99 for 2.1kg from Ballihoo so seemed good value. I'm planning to ferment at 18 degrees C and I've got 1kg of Youngs Beer Enhancer to throw in so was just debating what to do hop-wise? Saaz seems the obvious choice, but dry hop or boil at the start? I'm pretty new to this and have only dry hopped with pellets so would appreciate some advice. I'm not looking for an authentic pilsner (as I know it won't be) but a nice dry light beer will be just fine...
I normally add 25g hop pellets in fermenter when making up to 23 litres, then dry hop with 50-75g hops depending how hoppy you want it, works well for me, loads of flavour and aroma

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

you just chuck 25g of pellets in the wort at the start? or do you make a tea?

I add kettle of hot water to fermenter then hops, spraymalt and kit in that order, works well, stirring well between each one then top up to desired level

Then I use nylon sock over Syphon end when moving to secondary after 7 days then dry hop in a nylon sock for 5 days after

Back