Bishops Farewell

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopWroester

Reaction score
Always loved it so thought i'd have a go, what you all think? I'm pretty sure carared isn't in their recipe but I like it!

Capture.PNG

Do you know what the original recipe is or is this your best guess?

The hops are correct variety and i know the challenger is the main bittering hops. the cascade amounts and times are bit of a guess.

Also the grain bill to be correct is just pale ale malt and wheat but i like carared so using instead of the wheat.

The 'cara' prefix is American for crystal So it will add some sort of caramel note to the beer. If the original is wheat and MO it'll be a different beer if you add carared. If your fine with that no probs. If you want to add some caramel notes may be some carawheat as omitting wheat will take it away from the original even further

Hi MQ. I know it'll be a different beer, i can't help but mess and also i've really liked the beers i've brewed with carared.

Hopefully brewing this weekend. will let you know how it turns out

Yep pretty much.

Not had a beer from OA that i've not enjoyed. So if i can take their idea and twist it a little to make a tasty pint i'll be happy

I have. Their citra beer. I just found it too much for me. Theres' a OA pub that I cycle past on the way home from work ing Kennington which have most if not all of their ales on draught

They love their hops! Their dark ales are rather tasty as well.

Mansion house? Been meaning to pay it a visit. I do have their main pub, The brewery tap, a few miles away.

Latest posts

Back