Bl*#dy trains - rant!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markp

Landlord.
Reaction score
They want us to be environmentally friendly.....let the train take the strain.
There are adverts all the time....book early to get the best price, yada, yada, yada.

So, I'm going to the Ilkley meet on Saturday - time to buy some tickets.
Get on the website......find the tickets I need at about half the price of 'turn-up-and-pay' (nice one), pre-pay on the website and get them from the ticket machine...sorted. Not :x

'The train station you are departing from does not have a ticket machine - this option is not available for you'
'Please pick another convenient station to collect your tickets'

THIS IS THE MOST CONVENIENT ONE, THAT'S WHY I AM STARTING MY JOURNEY HERE :!:

Hang on.....I could collect from the station between work and home.......I could, but again no ticket machine :twisted:

Okay....go for the postal route, they'll post me the tickets surely??
Of course they will......for £7.50......hells bells, the return tickets is only £8.60 :shock:

So I'm pretty cheesed off to say the least......rant over. See you Saturday :lol:

My mate missed the train to london on thursday and his 120 quid ticket was not valid on the next train as that was 190 quid with out paying the difference. However the one after that was 10 minutes later and only 66 quid and only got in 20mins later than the 190 quid one. So he got on that one......

with every man and his dog :nono: :nono:

Do they just think of a number when calculating the price of the ticket. ... Probably.

Bad start to the week Mark :( it can only get better
At least ye have trains there, over here some clown decide about 60-70 years ago, sure we don't need them any more with these bus things, pull 'em up. Many of the rural train services went. Great forward thinking.

I use the train regularly top get to the rugby on a friday night.

The train used to be a virgin service, Great train, always on timeish, 20 mins from congleton to stockport, and same back, added bonus was no ticket office in congleton, so buy ticket on train, they very rarely came to check tickets & think I only paid once in 2 years as a result.

Then it was announced the train service was being improved. Now we get northern rail, train is 10 mins later (but usually about 20) its never on time. crappy train thats overcrowded and slow it takes 45 mins now. No Fare dodging either :(

Bring back the old crappy service please.

UP

Dirt ! I hate catching the train for work etc after 3 years of train commuting at University and a year after! Neadless to say I now have a car for work and only need the train when beer is involved! :D

Hope to see you on Saturday Mark! Luckily I'm in Guiseley so already on the Ilkley line! happy days!

LB

:D

Latest posts

Back