blended wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holly

Reaction score
been busy for the last 4 or 5 months trying alsorts of wines ,i made a bluberry from morrisons carton juice and tried it last night for the first time it was ok but i thought it lacked a little body so today i mixed the gallon of blueberry with a gallon of wurzels orange all i can say is wow ,a very nice rose wine that i will be making again hopefully it will get even better with age anyone else blended their wines ? :thumb:

Not tried it myself but I botched a wine a while back that is way to alcoholic. so cheers, might blend that in with something else

I Have not tried blending, but my grandfather did. The wine was a gooseberry wine which was brewed in 1986 and was racked but never bottled, then in 1989 it was blended with i think a blackberry wine that was a fresh brew, i have no idea why he blended them. Any way cut a long story short, my grandfather is no longer with us and on cleaning out the brewing cupboard we came across the 2 1 gal demi's of the stuff, which was left racked until just 4 months ago when we popped the bung and coffee filtered the contents and bottled it.

The result of 20 years and blending produced a mighty fine sherry and i mean mighty fine.

Latest posts

Back