Bottle Green Blossom Cottage Elderflower Cordial

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P_H_I_L_L

Reaction score
Just a heads up really; if you have a B&M Bargains near you they are doing the Blossom Cottage Elderflower cordial (500ml) for 49p a bottle (normally about £2.50).

Aside from the price, the other nice thing is the bottles are clear glass and just like a small wine bottle. I cleared out the Rochdale branch with the last 12 bottles. Making a 15lr and also a 5ltr brew with it. Had to boil it up for 20 minutes but I always do that anyway. Slower to start than usual so I added more nutrient, bit of tea, juice and zest of lime. Been bubbling for three days, topped up the big one with Apple juice and the small one with a bit of pineapple.

I tried this stuff a few weeks ago. Did a turbo cider, 3.5l of Tesco cheapy apple from concentrate (65p a litre), 0.5l Elder flower cordial, 300g sugar, yeast nutrient and a cup of stewed tea.

It fermented out completely to 995ish after two weeks. I racked it and left it in the garage for a week until it was clear as a bell. Bottled it tonight with 2 carbonation drops per pint.

The obligatory "sample" tasted fantastic, very dry, not massively acidic, and a subtle but noticeable elderflower edge to it.

I'll leave it for a few weeks now.

My only regret is that I only made a gallon :'(

I've currently got a gallon of Pomegranate and Blueberry TC and a gallon of Strawberry Ribena TC on the go... Hope they're as successful.

:smile:

Back