Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jw6520

Reaction score
I appreciate that this question will have been asked before but can't find it.

Can you use screw type bottles (having drunk the contents) with corks??

Thanks

John

Yes, you can also reuse the screwtops a couple of times. If you can match the top to the bottle, I never can but then I spent 3 years as a kid trying to force the round block through the square hole. :wha:

I do with no problem....sat here right now on our 2nd bottle....a Piesporter kit..and It's going down to well...the Mem-saib is almost tiddly as we speak :party:

Ps I asked the same Q about 8 weeks back...& it works :thumb:

I think after a couple of go's you may need to change the insert inside the cap if possible. :hmm:

I tried reusing screw caps once and found the bottles were inclined to leak. I Don't risk it now and use plastic stoppers for the bottles they fit and 22mm corks for everything else, including Vodka and Shloer bottles. I guess though if you are not intending to lay them down for months it doesn't really matter. The bottles I put plastic stoppers in are for quick consumption and are never laid on their side.

Edit
Have laid quite a few on their side in the fridge with no problems so far but will always drink the bottles with plastic stoppers first.

Latest posts

Back