Bottling from keg help - last straw filler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for some help with what appears to be random issues with using the last straw with counter pressure attachment. I am finding this very frustrating as sometimes I can fill a full batch of bottles without much issues and other times I just cannot get a single bottle filled without foam going everywhere. I cant find anything Im doing differently between batches, my process is:

- Day before bottling I clean and sanitise bottles and put in the fridge with sanitised caps placed ontop.
- Setup the last straw and counter pressure filler
- I leave my kegs at normal pressure (15psi) but have also tried dropping this to 5psi when having issues - this hasnt solved them.
- purge bottles with CO2
- pressure bottle and fill.

Sometimes (rarely!) I can do a full batch but often it just foams everywhere and no amount of playing about with it changes anything.
My beer is kept in keezer at 8C

I even tried changing the liner which came with the last straw to a 3/16 liner but still had foaming and took ages to fill the bottles.

Any ideas? Is the keg pressure too high? Beer to cold/warm? Bottles need chilled to lower temp?

Latest posts

Back