Brains Merlin's Oak and Longdog Lamplight Porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Wood

Reaction score
Was out scoring beers with the local CAMRA guys last night and came across 2 beers that really hit the spot in a big way, such that they deserve a mention here.

Brains Merlin's Oak
4.3%, a reddy-brown ale with all sorts of flavours going on. Traces of nuts, oats, treacle, perhaps a bit of licorice in there, yet, despite it bursting with flavours, not too heavy.

Longdog Lamplight Porter
5% and just fantastic. I don 't think my words can do it justice, so In won't even try.

Well worth a sup if you come across either, in my opinion. :thumb:

Hi Guys,

Firstly, apologies for raking up this old post....

I don't come by this way very often but today I thought I'd have a look and see what's happening. I was very pleased to see that my Lamplight Porter has been enjoyed by someone on this forum.

Thanks Kevin for the great feedback. Lamplight Porter has been a fantastic beer for me in the first two years of commercial brewing having taken many awards including being placed twice in the Hampshire Beer of the Year competition.

I'm glad to see this forum still going from strength to strength and a lot of the old names still making excellent beer.

Cheers,
Phil (Longdog Brewery)

Back