Brew day as ive not brewed for a while

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damfoose

Reaction score
Decided on a quick Gail porter as it would be a little young but ready i'sh for chrimbo.

Water heating up while brewery gets a good clean and time to measure out the grain check their is enough marris yep then check for chocolate and black malt errrpppp seems I have had visitors of the rodent form :eek: chewed through about £15 of specialty grains that were in a draw :cry: some of the bags have not really been touched but they have been chewed at a little and have small holes in them knowing that mice pee all the time im not going to risk a brew.

So brew day off as I don't have spare grains to use nor the cash to get more at the moment due to chrimbo being around the corner.

Working next weekend so it will be next year before I brew again at a guess. Think I have just enough beer to get through the festivities. :oops:

Mate I managed to buy two brand new 60 L blue cliptop drums and I keep my speciality grains in one and the MO in the other. I only did that to keep the little and the Big scaly tail rodents at bay

Time for another blackbin and a load of clip-it food safe containers to store the speciality grains in, Already have the hops in tha same type of container.

Bit of a shame really as I was really looking forward to the brew and the beer for christmas, Cant brew next weekend as im working all weekend.

Bloody vermin spoil everything ...
little buggers got in my fishin bait not so long ago so i aquired a couple of metal bins that stopped em lol

Latest posts

Back