It's been a while

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerBrew

Reaction score
I'm returning to home brewing after a pretty big break.

I took the plunge into all-grain back in 2016. I lived and breathed it. I couldn't read enough about yeast, water, process control, you name it.

I was then lucky enough to spend some of my free time brewing with a local brewery. Shortly after this I landed a job as Head brewer for another up and coming local brewery.

I did that for nearly two years and it was quite the dream to go from 20L to 2000L batches.

I moved on from professional brewing to further my career in electrical engineering which has, financially at least, proved to be a wise move.

I have however found myself looking to get back to homebrew. So hello, it's been a while and I'm almost certainly a little rusty.

Hello! Welcome! I suspect you'll be up and running in no time. Do you still have your gear or do you need to start again?

Hello! Welcome! I suspect you'll be up and running in no time. Do you still have your gear or do you need to start again?
Thanks

I've still got all of my gear. I built a K-RIMS setup with PID control for the mash recirculation. The only thing I need to sort out is a fermentation chamber and maybe a new pump.

Thanks

I've still got all of my gear. I built a K-RIMS setup with PID control for the mash recirculation. The only thing I need to sort out is a fermentation chamber and maybe a new pump.

It's probably worth doing a bit of homework (and get thoughts from the hivemind here) before getting any new kit. Some things have stayed exactly the same but other things have moved on a lot.

It's probably worth doing a bit of homework (and get thoughts from the hivemind here) before getting any new kit. Some things have stayed exactly the same but other things have moved on a lot.
Ooo anything in particular? I was thinking a pretty standard ferm fridge with a tube heater and the new pump would be the cheap one with a stainless head £80 or so.

Other than that It's all going to be the same. Same process. Full volume mash recirculated, treated as necessary to achieve PH etc.

Ispindel is on the Christmas list.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back