Brew day no 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kermit The Grog

Reaction score
today my bro and me started on the Mob Hoglin recipe from the legendary Corby Brewer
we scaled up the brew by 50% wich got close to the limit of mine boiler altho i realy like the idea of more beer same effort
so armed with plenty of tea
15012010660.jpg

and a few other bits
15012010659.jpg
the brewing commenced
16012010665.jpg
16012010664.jpg

all the grain's weighed out
it was mash on for two n a half hours and because i wanted to lose no heat i wraped it in a duvet
16012010666.jpg
and checked after one hour
16012010667.jpg
by me ktg
16012010676.jpg
and my bro bro
16012010680.jpg
we started the boil and waited and waited and waited
16012010668.jpg
then started drinking more home brew
and because i am worried about breaking stuff
16012010661.jpg
i have a few spares ha ha ha
on a serious note i got most of my measurement's and temperature's correct so hoping i can compare in the future
gravity was 1052 just before pitching the yeast two packet's of so4 one dry one rehydrated fingers crossed from here out oh and i did not leave any tap's open this time or syphon it onto the floor like i did last time
more photo's of brewing to follow so TTFN

spot on brew day!! How long does your hob take to bring that huge pot up to boil? How many litres can you fit in that pan also (i brew in the garden and i`m looking for a wet weather alrernative to keep production regular!! :whistle: )

happy brewing! you look like your having fun :drink:

Good brewday piccies ktg :thumb:
As Corby brewer posted in his original thread that recipe by Orfy is tried and tested by brewers worldwide and as said by Corby brewer above it's an almost exact replica of Hob Goblin :)

Looks like you had a great day :thumb: Love the mug :lol:

tubby_shaw said:
Good brewday piccies ktg :thumb:
As Corby brewer posted in his original thread that recipe by Orfy is tried and tested by brewers worldwide and as said by Corby brewer above it's an almost exact replica of Hob Goblin :)

:( where did the "nod of the hat to Orfy" go from the original thread by Corby Brewer :shock: he was definately credited for it on the orignal post :?

sorry i was a bit noob but all hail orfy king of mob hoglins

that pot was holding nearly 50 litres at that time ,it took 90 minutes to reach a boil ,and then proceeded to boil away 10 + litres

the mug was a present from mrs ktg and youngling's

this brew is looking good and already moved into a clean FV bubbling away as happy as yeast could be
it smells wonderfull and i am so looking forward to lifting a few jars
all the best ktg

ps is it me or are a lot of hop variety's hard to get hold of?

where do you get your hops? try Paul at barley bottom (forum sponsor - link at top right of page) if its not stocked and you e-mail and ask he will try to get it for you. I`m always on the lookout for different hops too :thumb:

fermenting has slowed right doon will check out tomorrow
oh sweet it is proper finished grav 1011 started at 1052 i feel like a right clever bo11ock$
thank's to your support ,advice and encouragement thanks to all who read this
ill post photo's tomorrow
k to the t to the g peace out

I've got to say this tastes absolutely fab.

I only have room for 2 g brews- so KTG put my share in my 2g pressure barrel. How long will it keep for?

Latest posts

Back