Brewdog Hardcore IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's pretty average for an IIPA, the hops have a cheesy aroma and it is lacking bitterness. I've tasted homebrewed IIPAs that are much better. Try a Stone Ruination or Pliny the Elder for good examples.

That said I'm a big fan of their other regulars, Punk IPA & 5 am saint. And they do a surprisingly decent session bitter, Alpha Dog.

rickthebrew said:
Vindiv8 said:
I had a pint on draught in the Sheffield Tap the other week, it was fantastic.

Lucky you :cool: How much do they charge for a pint of this then :drink:

Can't remember, but a round was nearly a tenner, and there was only two of us :shock:

Funkateer said:
unclepumble said:
Tescos have this on offer at the mo under the label of tesco finest double american ipa £4 for 3 Bottles.

I tried it at the weekend was a great beer.

UP

You sure its the same stuff?

I've tried both (in fact I sucked back a few bottles of the Tesco stuff just last night :D ) and although its a good while since I tried Hardcore, I'd swear that the tesco version is a fruitier, less bitter and in your face version (although I could be getting confused with the Chaos Theory IPA that I tried at the same time as the Hardcore)

Outstanding beer nonetheless though.

Bit of an old post, I just realised (excuse the noob in the room!) but there's a distinct possibility that you got Punk instead of Hardcore. On one particular frantic bottling day, there wasn't enough Hardcore to honour an order so Punk may :whistle: have been used instead...

Latest posts

Back