BrewDog.. how anoying are they.....?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darcey

Landlord.
Reaction score
.... when they do stuff like this?
stag_logo-blog_540.jpg

http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/ghost-deer

I feel alittle bit sorry for some of the people that have paid money to they in their 'equity for punks' which is system where people 'buy a part of the brewery' in tern they get discount on bottles online and get invited for brewery tours and opening of sh*t like this (they also can reclaim their investment, but the idea being its an informal 'flotation' of stock). The money is surposedly going towards building a new carbon neutral brewery somewhere, but dispite their growth over the last few years I cant see people making a profit on their 'investment', espeically if most of it is spent on building a high tech brewery rather than perhaps business development. True they have opened afew bars here and there but my experience of the Edinburgh make be a bit cold to the idea... keged beer, too cold, dirty glass unknowledable staff, I can not say in my pub you get those things all the time but im not charging £3.40 a pint or indeed pretending to be a seudo sqanky concrete bared place of beer, the last bastion of rebellion against the big brewery's (that don't exist any more..?..) and generaly the dog boloks.. besides I dont have all that money people have given them..

And do you know what the REALLY anoying part is??

I come crawling back for more of this stuff... (and others)...
pic3.jpg

Anoying right?

They are damnned annoying. Firstly I am finding it very hard to replicate Punk IPA (though have had a lot of fun trying) and secondly the 330ml lady-bottles really annoy me :lol:

It annoys me that they made Punk IPA in a can.. so I had to buy one to prove my annoyance... and annoyingly.. it was ok! ARG

I'm not a big fan of brewdog (marketing or beer) but I quite like the deers head dispense as it goes.

My parents bought me shares in Brewdog, but I have never tried any of their beer.

Luckily they brew good beer, otherwise all the marketing would probably annoy me more. As it is I find it all quite amusing.

Back