Brewferm Grain Gorilla

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the plastic edging strip is similar to stuff we have at work it grips like anything. I read that a 3rd roller may be good also seen people saying they can get jammed up dont know how common that is. Just 1 more question how many times do you put it through just the once?
Three rollers are good, never heard of them getting jammed, problem is you have to rely on the markings on the adjusting knobs as you can't get a feeler gauge in there.
I use an old cordless Makita 18v I can keep it at a slow pace just with my finger. I did try a corded drill with a cable tie through the trigger but couldn't get the torque. The old cordless can mill around 15 to 20 kg of grain before a recharge.
I believe Brew to Bottle are getting some of the Keg King mills, it has a geared top two rollers instead of the driven and idler.
001.JPG

Last edited:
Just the once yes, I wouldn't want to do it more than that as you're going to start smashing the husks. You won't need to anyway, once is plenty unless you are trying to make flour.

If you are milling for BIAB by the way, you might not have as much trouble with it not grabbing. I have the rollers set quite wide as I use a large crush as the holes in the bottom of the basket on my machine let smaller crushes straight through, then I end up with grain trapped in the pipework.... The grain seems to sometimes decide to just dance around on top of the rollers until I give the hopper a tap. lol

My drill is variable speed, but the problem I have is my tremor. Speed varies too much, hence uneven grind. Where with the handle I can just turn it nicely for a bit longer. Luckly I brew 14 litre batches, so not as much grain to mill, else it might be murder doing it all by hand... lol I relied on the markings on the mill by the way, as couldn't be bothered trying to clean the foul smelling oil off the feeler gauges I bought (I don't own a car etc, so no solvent just sitting around), worked a treat.

Thanks for your advice and time its appreciated. Looks like it could open another dimension to brewing. Cheers

Back