Broomhead Brewery - Elderflower Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
ElderflowerGold.jpg

This was one full bottle and opened with a crack . . . luckily it was well behaved and stayed in the bottle. while I went looking for something it filled the room with an aroma of elderflower . . . I was somewhat uncertain weather to drink it or dab it behind my ears . . . . cittrussy and sweet. It poured well leaving a firm sediment, but although it is relatively clear was not polished. . . . The significant rising bead indicated a high level of carbonation, which I knocked back with the pocket beer engine . . . . and then mopped up the overspill :lol: . . . massive elderflower aroma.

Its well balanced, slightly sweet, perhaps a tangerine/slight pink grapefruit going on . . . and a metallic after taste . . . not excessively bitter at all.

Apart from the metallic after-taste (possibly the elderflower) and the suspended yeast/haze this is a nice beer, and one I would enjoy on a summers evening . . . although it's not a beer I would brew/buy myself as it's not a favourite style.

Thanks' for the review Aleman, I had mixed results on this brew...It was like marmite, they loved it or hated it :)
My dad and male neighbour thought it was too sweet, but the ladies thought it was nice :hmm:

i was unsure :shock:

Thanks' Tony :thumb:

BB

Your metallic aftertaste was probably more likely down to the high level of carbonation I think.

Got my elderflower chilling down at the moment, to keg on Monday. Always a favourite!

:cheers:

Back