BRY-97 American West Coast Beer Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used twice once in a Porter, and once in a Pale Ale.
From what I've read some folks say it "mutes the hop flavors", I didn't notice this.
The porter turned out real well. OG of 1.055 to a FG of 1.016. I did mash @ 68c so I'm guessing a lower mash temp. would get better attenuation.
Can't find my notes on the pale ale, but I know it tasted good, and the yeast dropped out well, leaving my with a nice clear beer.
I plan on using this regularly on anything that I want a clean low ester ferment.

dzlater said:
I've used twice once in a Porter, and once in a Pale Ale.
From what I've read some folks say it "mutes the hop flavors", I didn't notice this.
The porter turned out real well. OG of 1.055 to a FG of 1.016. I did mash @ 68c so I'm guessing a lower mash temp. would get better attenuation.
Can't find my notes on the pale ale, but I know it tasted good, and the yeast dropped out well, leaving my with a nice clear beer.
I plan on using this regularly on anything that I want a clean low ester ferment.
Thanks fella :thumb:

This confirms what I've been reading

I'm wandering if its the yeast with the youngs IPA kit.
it sounds similar to the attenuation of the above post except my OG was 1.060 and the current reading almost four weeks later is 1.014.
if it is it looks like I can get this bottled by sat but ill take one more reading tonight.
hope you get a few more replies its an old thread but the title doesn't age

Latest posts

Back