Burco/cygnet 30ltr boiler specifics

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treebeard

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all. This may be of interest to anyone considering buying a Burco/Cygnet water boiler, I had one delivered yesterday and below are the specific volumes it holds and some testing this morning.

Volume below the tap. 4.5Ltrs.
Volume to the Max mark from empty 23Ltrs
Will hold a boil continuously when set to high.
Other temperature settings 1-5 it will hit temp then switch to keep warm, it seems to drop more that 10 Degrees Celsius before the element kicks back in to reheat.

Burco:Cygnet 30ltr.jpg

Hi all. This may be of interest to anyone considering buying a Burco/Cygnet water boiler, I had one delivered yesterday and below are the specific volumes it holds and some testing this morning.

Volume below the tap. 4.5Ltrs.
Volume to the Max mark from empty 23Ltrs
Will hold a boil continuously when set to high.
Other temperature settings 1-5 it will hit temp then switch to keep warm, it seems to drop more that 10 Degrees Celsius before the element kicks back in to reheat.
Bought one two months back and calibrated it as below.

Burco calibration @ 27 litres
Initial water temperature 16.6°
Setting 1 = 42.3°
Setting 1½ = 49°
Setting 2 = 56°
Setting 2 ½ = 63°
Setting 3 = 68.½°
Setting 3½ = 76½°
Setting 4 = 82.3°
Setting 4½ = 89°
Setting 5 = 98½°
Setting High = 101.2 rolling boil.

There's a thread on it with some pics if you're interested.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I would tell you if I knew! I'm terrible at recording things but I will get round to it,I thought my Burco would fit 30l, seems to only fit 23 or so although that's an absolute guess and I'm left with maybe 19 litres? and top up with water,its not the end of the world,just a bit misleading imo.

I measured 26 L to the max mark using 5 Ashbeck water bottles plus an extra litre. I measured 6 L to the tap.

I would tell you if I knew! I'm terrible at recording things but I will get round to it,I thought my Burco would fit 30l, seems to only fit 23 or so although that's an absolute guess and I'm left with maybe 19 litres? and top up with water,its not the end of the world,just a bit misleading imo.
Can you please confirm it was OK on the rolling boil we have just gone the burco 30lit and it says 98c max temperature

@treebeard

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back