camping essentials

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrig

Banned
Reaction score
Having just bought our first big tent for some summer camping I'm starting to add up the bits we need to take..... and looking at the size of my car in dismay! Just 8 sleeping bags alone takes up a lot of room.

Of course my fellow homebrew ers must have some camping experience!

So the question is, what are the lifesavers. Or things you just couldnt do without?

a blow up bed and a electric pump might be handy sounds like you may have a few beds to blow up

beer, bbq for bacon buttys, more beer and a cooler full of ice.

falafael said:
If i knew u wanted a tent, you could have had mine, i left it at the last Spring thing! lol

ha ha, you forgot to mention they would have needed waterproof pyjamas though. :lol:

One of those cheapo 2 ring & grill gas cookers. Impresses the sh*t out of newbie campers when you do a seafood risotto (all stuff pre-prepared and kept cool) or something of that ilk. Another must for me is a dog - trained to sniff out and retrieve sausages 'n bacon from the tents of other campers. Only other thing I can think of is a nice dress - simply a must for events such as "The Bulldog Bash", where it is more or less traditional attire when attending the lapdancing tent ;-)

If it was a bike rally, then a "supply vehicle" for a group is more or less essential. I have a 3 room, 8 man tent if anyone ever needs one.

Electric hook up, fridge, lights, fan heater, chemical toilet, carpet, inflatable beds.

This is our family tent, theres only 4 of us but we take so much gear the estate car and the full sized roofbox are crammed.

20130505_200303_zps1dd4899c.jpg

I have a little camp bed rather than an inflatable mattress. It's lighter, takes up less room in both the boot and the tent, and doesn't deflate during the night.

Tim_Crowhurst said:
I have a little camp bed rather than an inflatable mattress. It's lighter, takes up less room in both the boot and the tent, and doesn't deflate during the night.

I have been considering camp bed over air beds but having never used one cant descide! I suspect my kids would break them..... they can break anything!

I hope to get some mini kegs for beer and take copious amounts of sparkling 'wow'.

Any good LED night lights for the mrs and kids? As city dwellers they are scared of real darkness :lol:

chrig said:
Tim_Crowhurst said:

I have been considering camp bed over air beds but having never used one cant descide! I suspect my kids would break them..... they can break anything!

I hope to get some mini kegs for beer and take copious amounts of sparkling 'wow'.

Any good LED night lights for the mrs and kids? As city dwellers they are scared of real darkness :lol:
get the wind up ones for the kids, they're actually pretty good and it's a blessing not needing to buy battery's all the time cos if your kids are anything like mine they'll fall asleep with them on,

Zedily has a good torch, it puts wembly's floodlights to shame :lol:

So that's a 20 billion candle power torch added to the shopping list. Along with football, frizbee, electric air pump, roof bars and roof box for the car.

971455_10151585069466056_472619972_n.jpeg

I'm also hoping to add a porch to the tent if i can find a universal one cheap enough.

Ear plugs .... help stop you being woken too early by the morning chorus.

Halfords currently have 20% off all their camping stuff which I think ends tonight. I just ordered an electric cool box for collection tomorrow.

It's all changed days.

When I went camping with the lads years ago it was a tent, a couple of sleeping bags (if you were lucky) and cases upon cases of beer.

The last time I went camping (Wife & Friends) we took a HUGE tent, a blow up double bed, a quilt, pillows, a 2 ring gas stove, pots & pans, cutlery, a huge lamp, firewood, a battery booster (for power), a 240v power inverter, an amp, a pair of 500w stage speakers and a few changes of clothes.

Was a GREAT night but I wouldn't do it too often lol.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back