Can I Bottle In Barrs Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minesapint

Reaction score
I can't see why not but maybe someone else who's used them knows otherwise.

Can i bottle beer or other fizzy alcoholic brews in Barrs Glass Bottles? :wha:

Surely if it can hold Irn-Bru, it can hold anything

wendy1971 said:
If they are clear dont bother you need brown or green bottles or else your beer will get off flavours :thumb:

Sorry Wendy but clear bottles are fine as long as you store them in the dark away from sunlight. I like others use clear bottles with no ill effect on the Beer. They also make for better pouring as you can see the sediment before it leaves the bottle. Just put the bottles in a box and keep the box closed and in a cupboard while they Carbonate/condition. I have some in clear bottles in my beer fridge in the garage behind some brown bottled beer and even after 4 months in there it is fine and still tastes great.

Only brown bottles are will protect against skunking, green will let in enough light of the right wavelength so these too should be stored in the dark as well.

I occasionally use clear and left them in a room lite by flourescent tubes for a few months to no ill effect, but now I only put cider in them unless I am really short of bottles then I leave them in a closed box and drink them first.

Latest posts

Back