Candy sugar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherman

Reaction score
Morning all

I am going to be brewing an AG triple in the next few days and it’s the first time I have had to add sugar.

The kit (from GeB) comes with the required sugar in pieces but, do I just drop this into my AIO during the last 10 mins?

Won’t it sink to the bottom, stick and burn? Can it be dissolved first before adding?

Thanks for any replies.

Matt

I use a kettle on a gas ring so it can be stirred. Don't know if you can do that with an AIO. Just get a saucepan, ladle out a good dollop of wort and dissolve the sugar. Then pour it back in.

I’ve done it 2 ways :-
1. Drop into hop spider and stir
2. Drain off some boiling wort into a pan add the sugar let it dissolve then pour it back

Like you I didn’t want the sugar to stick to the element 👍🏼
I drop it into a hop spider too. It stops it sitting on the element. No need to stir though, the boil will dissolve it in a few minutes

I brewed a Triple last Saturday and had similar concerns and ended up just adding it slowly stirring constantly, seemed to be okay.

That said kind of wish I had asked the same question as if I make another batch I think I will try what Mash Monster suggests and draw off a litre into a pan, stir in to dissolve and add back.

Latest posts

Back