Carbonation stone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Santa bought me a carbonation stone/ lid which I have just deployed for the first time. Can't see that there has been much recent chat on the topic.

Any top tips? Carbing a ESB currently and then going for a much fizzier AIPA.

Cheeky bump!!! very interested in this, @Horners how did you get on with it?
In my efforts to improve brewing production speed I want to get the fizz in fast to crashed beer and then transfer bright to another corny with back pressure and a spunding (pressure relief) valve.

Any hint or tips welcome?:oops: Still learning,,,,

Last edited:
@Druncan - jury is out on it to be honest. Have used it a couple of times to good effect but most recently lost a whole tank of CO2 but not sure if that was down to that particular cornie not holding higher pressures very well, me not sealing properly, a poor JG fitting etc so haven't really trusted it since and to be honest as the beer is much better for a couple of weeks in the keg if urgency not critical might as well just stick it on to force carb normally.

Also its a bugger to clean the tube between the lid and the stone as its attached with an Oetiker clamp.

It is reassuring though to hear the gas bubbling away through the liquid though - you basically start on a very low pressure leave 15 mins, vent, increase pressure and repeat until you get up to target pressure.

Back