cellar ring main

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve963

Reaction score
just finished updating the ring main in the cellar, had to extend it to get some sockets near the extractor fan to try to reduce the steam!!

now have 5 double sockets in there, so will make sure I use a different socket for each 2.2kw element

the ring has a 32amp circuit breaker, so will have to tell the Mrs washing machine, hoovering,hair drying, ironing or kettle, only 1 at a time :shock:

need to put my combi boiler on the upstairs ring main, then i can reuse the old immersion heater fuse for my cellar ring main

Also made the mistake of assuming all the sockets live and neutral were in the same order, only noticed at last minute some sockets have the live on the left some have it on the right :shock:

steve963 said:
Also made the mistake of assuming all the sockets live and neutral were in the same order, only noticed at last minute some sockets have the live on the left some have it on the right :shock:
That's strange, as all the plugs I know have the fused live on the right!

evanvine said:
steve963 said:
That's strange, as all the plugs I know have the fused live on the right!

sorry this was the wall socket connections, where the 2.5mm wire goes in

evanvine said:
steve963 said:
sorry this was the wall socket connections, where the 2.5mm wire goes in
Yes, but isn't the live still on the right?

no the back of the double sockets i have, it varies (starting to doubt myself now! lol)

i assume with a single socket it would always be on the same side??

Back