cider help please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topgear

Reaction score
hi got 23 lts of apple juce from lidl(Vitafit 100% Pure Apple Juice at £0.46 per 1.5 litre) and some champagne yeast. Now i know theres no recipe for turbo cider but just wondered do i use the following ingredients aswell
-Strong brew of tea
-Yeast nutrient
-Glycerine
-Pectolase
I only ask because i've used them before quite regularly and i'm still learning :wha:

thanks evanvine :thumb: just going to get on with it now!!! and stop fannying around :cheers:

evanvine said:
Best of luck TG, how come you've only got 23ltrs and not 24?
if the truth be known i have [email protected] lts =66 lts not sure wot to do with the rest of it
the boss said she likes Brothers Strawberry cider but i cant work out a recipe yet :cheers:

evanvine said:
Best of luck TG, how come you've only got 23ltrs and not 24?

I got 25 1/2 E. two trays and a box, count 2 that is, :D 100 bottles, ;) that should get us though the summer, if we have one that is. :lol:
S
P.S. rhyzomes planted

omg i might pop down there and start some too!, anyone know where to get a glass carboy from? pluss what is the ultimate thing to add to cider to make it good? will a little ginger make it nice with strong tea and what does that glycerin do? if thats what it is?

josh

josh132 said:
... pluss what is the ultimate thing to add to cider to make it good? josh

:shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

?!?! - why do you need to add anything - is the appley fermented goodness of gods first fruit not good enough already? ;)

Crastney said:
:shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

?!?! - why do you need to add anything - is the appley fermented goodness of gods first fruit not good enough already? ;)

Haha you are very true "the appley fermented goodness of gods first fruit" is amazing! though i like a little spice and i thought maybe ginger would do this?

evanvine said:
You only need add the tea, and that can be done when the ferment is over.

cider finished and clearing now how much tea should i add folks :hmm:

evanvine said:
topgear said:
cider finished and clearing now how much tea should i add folks :hmm:
I add the tea from 1 Teabag per 5 ltrs, dont have too much fluid else you will start to lower your %ABV.
thanks ev :cheers:

Latest posts

Back