Is my cider finished?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samthor.

Reaction score
Its been 12 days of my turbo cider brewing so as the popping is only 1 an hour, I decided to test it using my hydrometer for the first time. I filled the tube and the reading is 80? This is as far as it goes, I didnt take a reading at the start so I haven't a clue what the alcohol percentage will be? If its now ready, how much sugar should I prime with for 21L going in a basic non glass pressure barrel? I like it abit fizzy, also, why is it quite bland? Its a touch sweet but bland? I used the usual apple juice from lidl, medium cider yeast and some tea.

17010850815217351260820092762100.jpg

Its been 12 days of my turbo cider brewing so as the popping is only 1 an hour, I decided to test it using my hydrometer for the first time. I filled the tube and the reading is 80? This is as far as it goes, I didnt take a reading at the start so I haven't a clue what the alcohol percentage will be? If its now ready, how much sugar should I prime with for 21L going in a basic non glass pressure barrel? I like it abit fizzy, also, why is it quite bland? Its a touch sweet but bland? I used the usual apple juice from lidl, medium cider yeast and some tea.
I have made this and while I like it ,it didn't go down well with my mates they said it was to dry.
I am in the process of making another batch and will add Erythritol to sweeten before bottling.I had a great success using lowicz syrup for fruit cider.

Back