Cloak and Dagger Brass Monkey beer thats nearly orange juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon12

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
I was at a tap takeover event in Brighton on Saturday and there were so many beers that are supper hopped IPAs cloudy and more like fruit juice than beer. The best example was as in the title Brass Monkey by Cloak and Dagger is was almost exactly like sparkling orange juice, another called hop air balloon was like juice from an unknown fruit and the was a chocolate hazelnut porter that was so like nutella I was amazed it was still runny.
Not sure what point i'm making if any, but I kind of don't like the concept but can't honestly say I don't like the product. What do you guys think.

I was at a tap takeover event in Brighton on Saturday and there were so many beers that are supper hopped IPAs cloudy and more like fruit juice than beer. The best example was as in the title Brass Monkey by Cloak and Dagger is was almost exactly like sparkling orange juice, another called hop air balloon was like juice from an unknown fruit and the was a chocolate hazelnut porter that was so like nutella I was amazed it was still runny.
Not sure what point i'm making if any, but I kind of don't like the concept but can't honestly say I don't like the product. What do you guys think.

I think you should drink the product, not the concept. :thumb: Brighton is best enjoyed with an open mind! ;) Would have liked to have had the opportunity to sample a few out-there beers that you don't normally get your hands on - I really want to get on the outside of some mentally-hoppy beers / NEIPAs but sadly my brewing experience just isn't great enough to make it for myself. :cheers7:

In Insane in the Membrane by Cypress Hill when they say Big Four Oh it's the same. I never knew Colt 45 was malt liquor and now I know I've had a relationship with it wayyy beyond my time.

I was at a tap takeover event in Brighton on Saturday and there were so many beers that are supper hopped IPAs cloudy and more like fruit juice than beer.

I do agree with you with some I have tasted, but this, this is an incredible beer by Black Iris in Nottingham.
IMG_1813 2.jpg

I love the kind of beers you're describing. Full of flavour and aroma, with a smooth mouthfeel.

Beers being cloudy doesn't bother me in the slightest. It tends to offend some sections of CAMRA, which is a bonus.

Latest posts

Back