Cloudwater friends and family beer - cancelled?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunabeast

Reaction score
So it looks as though the event Cloudwater have been/we're hosting this weekend has been shut down by police/council as the venue they chose was not properly licensed

https://cloudwaterbrew.co/blog/2019/3/2/from-the-highest-high-to-the-lowest-low

I wasn't going personally but I do follow them on Instagram and it's clear they've put their heart and soul into getting some really innovative brewers there. I do feel for them but then again if I was going I'd be pretty annoyed - surely not that difficult to check the venue has the correct license?

What's everyone's thoughts?

Despite my flippant joke/comment I really hope this works out. Firstly because it looks like a really incredible line up of breweries but also because you have to worry about the financial implications of the whole festival falling apart

I think it sucks. Monumentally.

Its a team effort on every front and this can't be done in your own.

In this instance I imagine the failure was on the weakest member of the distributed team (as I don't imagine this is just a solo cloudwater effort) from the council to the event manager who didn't do their job properly by checking the venue specifics thoroughly enough with assurances.

It's only one piece of information that's bought the whole house of cards down.

This is a lesson albeit a big one that they will never make again.

Massive shame as you don't ever want to pour that much effort and get wrenched

Licence been approved. So good news for CW and Manchester as this is a charity event.
Adam from Verdant told me that Putty won't become core range : (

My life is now complete. JC owner of Trillium. Super decent guy
IMG_20190301_131147.jpg

Latest posts

Back